I am a professional operating in ICT (Information Communication Technology) sector since 1985. I have a strong "Can Do" attitude towards my professional responsibilities and projects. Due to diversified experience in various industries and disciplines of Information and Communication Technology, I am good at key supplier relationship management, budget management, tracking and reporting. I have developed strong skills to transform any organization into an IT Enabled Organization where all business processes are automated in an integrated Systems environment that involves ERP (specially SAP & Oracle eBusiness Suite), Supporting Systems, Information Security, Remote Connectivity, Biometric Technology and Unified Communication.
During the last two decades I had an opportunity to work in various industries both in the profit centers and cost centers of MNC, Large National Groups, USAID, World Bank etc.
I have successfully delivered most of the projects in time and within budget working with Pakistani, Indian, US, UK, Chinese, Malaysian, Singaporean, German and Australian nationals while operating in Pakistan, Singapore & US. With the help of innovative techniques and ideas I managed to achieve the required corporate goals efficiently and with cost effective solutions.
During my career I have successfully completed several Projects in lead role covering following activities;
• ERP Implementation Programs (SAP & Oracle)
• Organizational Change Management & BPR
• IT Business Ventures (ISP, On Line Store, Hardware Repair, Training Centers)
• Data Center Infrastructure Design & Development
• Training Program Development & Delivery
• Enterprise Network Design (LAN & WAN)
• Enterprise Communication Solutions (VoIP, Video Conference on Fibre, Satellite & Radio)
• Industrial Automation & Integration In Textile Industry
• Software House
• Manufacturing (Textile, Automobile Tyre & Tube, Cement & Chemical)
Chief Consulting Officer
Integrated Professional Solutions A Division Of DWP Technologies
(2011 - Currently Holds This Position)
Initiated a new consulting arm "Integrated Professional Solutions" dealing with ERP implementation Programs, Integration between systems, Pre & Post Implementation advisory and support services. The consulting scope covers Oracle and SAP technologies. The team has hands on experience in following industries;
- Process Industry – Chemicals, Cement, Pharmaceutical
- Engineering – EPCC and Manufacturing
- Discrete Manufacturing – Textile, Shoe, Rubber, Consumer Electronics
- Service – Banking, Telecom, Trading & Distribution
- Retail – Chain Stores
I am managing an experienced team having an average of 10 years experience per professional that is fully geared to take on any type of challenge to serve any organization in need of professional services.
GENERAL MANAGER & CEO (ISP & E-COMMERCE PROJECTS)
PETROSIN INFOTECH PVT. LTD. (MEMBER OF PETROSIN GROUP)
(1997 - 2000)
Played an integral role in launching the ISP service in addition to planning and administering IT projects. Reporting to the Group President and managing a staff of 50 professionals at 2 locations, my major responsibilities were;
• Launched project under the brand name BESNET & managed Computer Hardware, software and Telecom equipment selection, local & international sourcing & procurement, bandwidth acquisition, selection of international carrier, manpower recruitment, project management and advertising.
• Pioneered negotiations with equipment suppliers, service providers, banks, Government Bodies, PTCL, PTA etc. on international level.
• Accomplished a revolutionary launch of the e-commerce website in March 2000, with complete credit card payment features and drove a self-created business model.
• Directed the design and development of many applications for business processing purposes including On Line Billing, Account Management, Sales Activity and CSNM
GM (Development & Operations)
(2000 - 2001)
Faujisoft was a subsidiary of Fauji Foundation Pakistan and was primarily involved in Software Development, IT & Education Projects. Appointed in the capacity of General Manager for Development & Operations and also served as interim CEO managing a staff of 80 full time professionals in three cities. My major responsibilities were;
• Accountable for whole supervision and Project Management. In addition to planning and developing new products and IT ventures in E-Commerce, Application Service Provider and Internet Service Provisioning.
• Liable for running all software development and consultancy services provided by the company and identifying potential customers, whilst leading negotiations and prospect presentations.
• Directed procurement management in terms of equipment acquisition, staff hiring, and infrastructure setup efforts.
• Masterminded the Joint Ventures with reputed local and International companies and achieved significant industry relations with global players like SUN, Oracle, Microsoft, Intel, Acer, Dell etc
GM (IT) / CIO
Kohinoor Maple Leaf Group
(2001 - 2006)
Served with one of the oldest and largest Industrial Groups in Pakistan with over 7,000 employees whose line of business includes Textile, Power Generation and Cement Manufacturing with production facilities spread all over Pakistan. Reporting to the Chairman I was managing all IT departments of the Group with 4 teams of 35 full time professionals plus outsourced service providers and an IT infrastructure worth US$ 3,000,000 approx., my responsibilities were;
• Directing operational process decisions and instituting IT strategy in alignment with establishment’s business objectives as well as supervising a sophisticated infrastructure for communications across the group.
• Completing and submitting all-inclusive MIS and IT information to realize Industrial Automation Projects, Communication and System Integrations.
• Technology Selection, engaging companies for outsourcing of projects & services and project management of in house, outsourced and hybrid technology projects.
• Accountable for spearheading reliable operations, security, along with devising, monitoring and implementing IT policies.
• Program Director for the Global Implementation of Oracle Apps 11i in the Group Companies involved in Textile, Cement & Power Generation with Financials, Inventory, Purchasing, Order Management & Manufacturing modules. The first of its kind Job Order Costing processing system in the Textile Industry in Pakistan, integrated with Computer Integrated Manufacturing System. Carefully directed partner and vendor selection criteria and used AIM methodology to realize this project.
• Managed to convert many in-house developed solutions to web based systems including: Payroll, HR and Automated attendance based on Proximity Cards and Biometric technology.
• Connected all the group companies via LAN/WAN, Internet and Intranet using Fiber Optic Cable, Radio and Satellite solutions enabling CCTV, VoIP and Video Conferencing at 6 locations
Descon Engineering Limited
(2006 - 2011)
Directed IT, Corporate IT Regulations & Policies, Communication and ERP Implementation for one of the largest Engineering Companies in Pakistan with over 40,000 employees, having offices in 6 countries whose line of business includes Chemicals & Engineering Manufacturing, Engineering Design & Solutions, Construction & Commissioning services. Reporting to the CEO and Chairman, managed over 130 full time professionals plus outsourced professionals & service providers and an IT infrastructure worth US$ 20 million spread over 20 locations in Pakistan and six counties my responsibilities are;
• Program Director for Global SAP Implementation with EC&O IS across the Descon business units engaged in EPCC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Commissioning) and Discrete Manufacturing Business in 6 countries.
• Implemented Oracle eBusiness Suite 11i & 12i including Business Intelligence covering Finance, Supply Chain, Marketing, Process Manufacturing, Planning, Inventory and Dispatch activities in five Business Units of Descon in Pakistan engaged in the Chemicals Manufacturing, Trading & Indenting and Power Generation business. Phase 1 was successfully rolled out one month ahead of the target date and other phases were successfully rolled out within budget
• Directed operational process decisions and instituting IT strategy in alignment with corporate business objectives as well as designing / deployment of a sophisticated infrastructure for communications across the Descon Business units, JV & companies in six countries
• Completing and submitting all-inclusive MIS and IT information to realize Industrial Automation Projects, Communication and System Integrations
• Technology Selection, engaging companies for outsourcing of projects & services and project management of in house, outsourced and hybrid technology projects
• Accountable for spearheading reliable operations, security, along with devising, monitoring & implementing IT policies
MS (IT), eCommerce, Relational Database Management Systems, System Analysis & Design
1999 - 2000
University of the Punjab, Lahore
B. Sc., Maths, Stats & Economics
1984 - 1986
Sir Syed Public School
Matric, Science Group
1971 - 1979
Lahore Rifle Club
2001 - 1979
Lahore Rifle Club
2001 - 1979
New Technology, Networking, Consulting, Target Shooting & Travelling